Monday 25 February 2013

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!




Even though it's still Winter it's a beautiful day today and I can't help but anticipate my favourite season of the year - Summer. What's not to love? It's sunny, warm and most importantly there are tons of music festivals happening! 

I went to my first festival with a couple of close friends and their mum back in 2008 and ever since then I've been hooked. So far I've been to Bestival, Beach Break Live, Radio One's Big Weekend, Rockness (twice), Kendal Calling (three times), Wickerman and of course the mother of all festivals Glastonbury and can't wait to add more to that list! 

It's difficult to put into words but theres just something about being in a muddy field surrounded by great music and complete strangers, who most likely you'll befriend after a drink or two, that is truly captivating. If you've been to a festival before I'm sure you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. In the beginning you might go to festival because your favourite acts are playing, or because your friends are going but as the years go by you build up favourites and start to go back not for the music, but for the atmosphere.

So to give you some indication of what I mean here are a collection of my favourite festival photos from over the years: 



















What about you guys? Do you have any favourites? Which ones are you going to this year? Let me know!
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig